So, here’s what you need to know about us:
- We are passionate servants of Jesus. Everything we are trying to build and do is for Him. We hope you like it too!
- We are also nerds. Big time LOTR, fantasy adventure nerds.
- We believe in sustainable organic permaculture – growing great food in a way that is good for our planet.
- We love opening our home and our lives to friends and guests, serving others and making them happy.
- We think vacations are a time to meet new people and try new things far from the ordinary.
Put all those together, and you get Burrowdale, a country village of earth-covered homes set in the rolling hills of our 300-acre organic farm.
When you come to Burrowdale, you choose a character and join in town life. You’ll enjoy unique games and activities ranging from beekeeping and beer brewing to archery and horseback riding during your stay. “Events” help make each guest’s experience special. Based on your character and preferences, we create entertaining interactions between you and other guests to kick-start town life. There are also adventures waiting. Explore beautiful Lassen National Forest or nearby Lake Shasta as you try to reach a goal or find an artifact. Whether you want non-stop activity or quiet retreat, we’ll tailor your stay to fit you.
We grow almost everything we eat right here. You can pick fruits and veggies from your own garden and get other farm goods from the town market. Cook at home, share a meal with friends or go out to the pub. Either way, your food will be healthy and delicious. The resort uses zero fossil fuels, pesticides or chemical fertilizers, because sustainability shouldn’t take a vacation.
If this sounds like your kind of place, let us know! We will keep you informed as we get ready to launch in 2018. We can’t wait to share this amazing experience with you!